The Office of Foundation Relations serves as the University's gateway between academic innovation and private philanthropic organizations. We strive to advance the academic, research, and institutional goals of the University through lasting, mutually beneficial partnerships.
We work with faculty members and administrators throughout the academy by assisting in the following ways:
- Identifying appropriate foundations for specific programmatic and research ideas
- Providing institutional history with foundations
- Drafting Letters of Inquiry
- Connecting faculty and administrators to program officers and staff at foundations that have strong relationships with Notre Dame
- Proposal development, in partnership with Notre Dame Research
- Stewardship of foundations after grants have been awarded
- Site visits by foundation staff to campus
Additionally, we serve as a point of entry for private foundations by helping their staff navigate the University. Based on a foundation’s mission and interests, we facilitate discussions with the appropriate faculty members and with campus leadership. We welcome inquiries from foundations interested in initiating mutually beneficial partnerships with the University of Notre Dame.