Can I direct my gift to an area of special interest?
Yes. You can direct your gift to one of the Annual Fund’s five priority areas:
Or you can designate your contribution to any dorm, academic department or college, official Student Activities club, varsity or club sport, or other officially recognized area of the University.
Why does Notre Dame need me to give every year?
Endowment earnings cover only about 20% of our yearly operating expenses. We depend on annual gifts—like yours—to pick up where the endowment leaves off.
How often will the Notre Dame Annual Fund contact me?
Typically, we send four mailings each year to alumni, parents, and friends asking you to make a gift to the Annual Fund. In some cases, a Notre Dame student may phone you.
If I contribute early in the year, will I still receive other mailings?
Yes, for two simple reasons: First, many individuals like to make more than one gift in a year. Second, each of the four mailings contains important Notre Dame news that you may not find in other University publications.
What is the Sorin Society?
A keystone of the Notre Dame Annual Fund, the Sorin Society honors the 12,000—and counting—individuals who make an annual unrestricted gift of $1,500 or more to Notre Dame. Sorin Society members enjoy a variety of benefits, including improved odds in the football ticket lottery.
What are matching gifts?
Matching gifts enable you to increase the size of your gift without decreasing the size of your pocketbook. Depending on your employer’s policy, matching gifts can typically be arranged in one of the following ways:
- By obtaining a matching gift form from your company and sending it to Notre Dame along with your gift.
- By providing the company with a receipt or acknowledgment from Notre Dame that proves you made a gift.
- By utilizing the matching gift services provided on your company’s website.
Who gives to the Annual Fund?
A gift to the Annual Fund puts you in good company:
- Each year, Notre Dame ranks among the nation’s top 20 colleges and universities in terms of annual giving.
- For the last two decades, Notre Dame has ranked first in the number of contributions made annually by parents.
- Members of the Sorin Society provided $19.8 million in unrestricted funding last year.
- Hundreds of companies give to Notre Dame through matching gift programs that double and, in some cases, triple the impact of individual contributions to the Annual Fund.
When is the best time to make a gift?
It’s always a good time to give to the Annual Fund, but please note the following eligibility guidelines:
- 2021 Football Ticket Lottery: January 1, 2020 - December 31, 2021
- 2021 Undergraduate Reunion Giving: July 1, 2020 - June 30, 2021
- 2021 Law School Reunion Giving: July 1, 2020 - June 30, 2021
- 2021 MBA Reunion Giving: July 1, 2020 - June 30, 2021
More questions? Please contact us.
Every gift matters. Make yours today.