Class of 2022 Notre Dame Pledge
Each year Notre Dame seniors participate in a tradition where they rally behind the students who will follow in their footsteps. Our goal is to get 83% of the senior class to pledge to make Notre Dame better than they left it. By making this pledge, you are paying the gift of a Notre Dame education forward.
Please join your fellow senior classmates in leaving a legacy of generosity to others by making the Class of 2022 Notre Dame Pledge. Are you in?
Do you like to break records? Are you interested in being a leader? How about participating in a resume-worthy volunteer project? Become a member of the Class of 2022 Notre Dame Pledge Committee!
Are you now a 2022 Notre Dame Pledge Committee Member? Great! You can almost copy and paste the paragraph below right into your resume! By signing up to be a member of the Class of 2022 Notre Dame Pledge Committee you will:
- Organize and execute fundraising initiatives for the Notre Dame Class of 2022
- Utilize strong relationship building and sales expertise by connecting with and encouraging fellow seniors to make a pledge to give after graduation
- Collaborate with the Notre Dame Department of Development and Annual Giving Team to further Notre Dame’s mission of being a force for good in the world
"My small pledge or gift won’t even make a difference."
- Not only do small gifts add up but you can also make your degree more valuable! The percentage of seniors who give back to their alma mater affects the academic reputation of the school (i.e., national rankings) which, among other things, helps attract top faculty, resulting in high-quality classroom discussions, actionable research opportunities, and innovative teaching models that made your favorite class that much better.
"I would rather give to a smaller, local charity where I will make a larger impact."
- You can make a gift to any area you are passionate about! What was the best part of your ND experience? Give back there!
- Want a way to impact more students? Direct your gift to financial aid! Almost one-half (48 percent) of Notre Dame students receive financial assistance in the form of need-based scholarships that do not require repayment.
- Gifts you make to areas you are passionate about directly impact that group. They do NOT go to the endowment. In fact, most funds within the endowment are restricted for specific purposes.
"Notre Dame has enough money."
- Did someone mention the endowment? I want to reiterate that the endowment is made up of over 6,000 separate funds, with spending legally restricted by what the donor dictates. For example a donor can say their gift can only be used for cancer research, the environment, ethics, global health, or scores of other worthy interests.
- Approximately 1/3 of endowment spending is used to assist students who could not otherwise afford to attend the University.
- The endowment is not a savings account or a rainy day fund for the University!
Together, we can make an impact. Together, we can leave a legacy of generosity just as the many senior classes before us did!