Father Stephen Theodore Badin, the first Roman Catholic priest ordained in America, initiated a rich history of giving when he made what could be called the first "planned gift" to Notre Dame - over 500 acres of land that became the site of the University. The Badin Guild is named, therefore, in his honor, to allow this tradition of planned giving to continue through the generosity of those who would come after him.
Planned gifts represent an incredible and lasting way to make a difference to the University of Notre Dame. The Badin Guild is made up of alumni, parents, and friends who, through estate planning, deferred giving, and other forms of planned giving, ensure that the University will have resources at its disposal far into the future.
To become a member, you simply need to inform the Badin Guild in writing that you have included Notre Dame in your estate plans and then provide one of the following items of documentation:
- A completed, signed Estate Gift Confirmation Form
- A copy of the pertinent provisions in your will or trust
- A copy of your IRA beneficiary form naming the University as beneficiary
- A letter from your attorney stating that you have included Notre Dame in your estate plans
- Or contact us at (574) 631-7164 or email@example.com